Date: 9/10/19 9:36 am
From: rosita94598 via Groups.Io <rosita94598=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Heather Farm Park Tuesday September 10
Three of us were in the park this morning and we had some very good sightings.  After reading reports from other locations around the bay, we finally had some Yellow Warblers appear.  We also had a Willow Flycatcher just to the right of the wooden railing, and a Vaux's Swift flew over us as we walked north along the east side of the big pond.
The two Gallinule's were seen, a Pied-billed Grebe, a Green Heron, a flyover White-tailed Kite, a Kingfisher and Killdeer were also present.  Before Fred Safier and I met him, Tracy Farrington had two Western Wood-Pewees and a Red-breasted Sapsucker.
Western Bluebirds were at the top of one of the light standards at the north ball field.  A pair of them apparently copulated in mid-air as they fluttered almost to the ground.
The machine which skims the algae off the pond arrived before we left--it will probably be working for several days.
Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek