Date: 9/10/19 9:00 am
From: Josh Spice <joshspice...>
Subject: [obol] Heavy rain, High water, Displaced birds
FYI, at Fern Ridge on Royal this morning, Pond 5 and 6 mudflats have been
nearly covered up with water from the recent heavy rains. This has
displaced most of the birds and scattered them out into new areas they
weren't previously using. Less birds present than Sunday morning, but a
huge flock of mallards on Pond 6 that departed after first light.

If someone has time, it'd be worth going to check the entire area,
including off 126 to find where the birds have moved to, if they are even
mostly still using the area. It was raining hard and also fairly dark, so I
didn't spend much time there looking. I also think checking the farm fields
off Ken Nielsen Rd might be worthwhile.

I didn't see any of the special birds this morning.

This high water notice is a heads up for anywhere that's been receiving the
heavy rains of late.
The birds may not be where they've been, even as of yesterday. Look where
you may not otherwise.

Good luck!

Josh Spice
Eugene, OR
907.888.2160
www.staysanesleepoutside.com

'We collaborate with dialogue to learn, find truth, produce results, and
strengthen relationships.
It's the most powerful tool we have as humans.'

Join us on Facebook!