Date: 9/10/19 8:20 am
From: Bob Chapman via Groups.Io <trapmanlou=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Terns
Brad has posted that the tern show continues along Pismo and Oceano Beaches.
I estimated 1500-2500 terns out over the ocean last night. At one time, with my scope at low power and leveled just above the horizon, my field of view looked as though someone had sprinkled my lens with pepper. Easily 100 birds in my view at one time. The vast majority we're Sterna. Jaegers were plentiful chasing terns left and right.

Many were milling about feeding but there was a continuous flow of birds from the south.
Bob ChapmanOceano Dunes