Date: 9/10/19 5:36 am
From: John Graham via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] handicap accessible birding in SECT?
Julie,

The drive along River Road in Mystic also might be nice, although I don't know what birds are there. But even if there are few birds, views of the seaport are good.

John On Monday, September 9, 2019, 11:30:19 AM EDT, Julie Keefer via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

I am looking for places to bird in SECT, primarily New London county and
the surrounding area, that are either handicap accessible (boardwalk, paved
path, possibly hard-packed dirt) or that we can bird from a car.  The
person visiting can walk very short distances to say a viewing area but
otherwise would need a wheelchair to go any distance.  Is Rocky Neck
suitable?  I know Hammonasset is a great place but it is not close by to
where I live unfortunately and I would like to be able to visit other spots
that are shorter drives away simply to optimize our birding time.  Please
feel free to email me off list.  I appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Julie Keefer
North Stonington