Date: 9/9/19 10:08 pm
From: Roger Kuhlman <rkuhlman...>
Subject: Re: [birders] What has happened?
I would feel most of insect biomass loss in America is due to habitat loss or severe habitat degradation. I would look at the matter of insecticide usage as contributing to habitat loss both directly and indirectly through the imposition of crop mono-cultures on large swathes of land by new GMO agricultural techniques. A soybean or corn mono-culture is not a rich habitat that supports a thriving native ecosystem and varied insect diversity. In the past such mono-cultures in agricultural fields or on their margins was not agriculturally possible and far more ecological diversity existed in them.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan

________________________________
Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to birders+<unsubscribe...><mailto:birders+<unsubscribe...>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<8CC2C419-6750-4754-A4D1-CC2312DDC19D...><https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<8CC2C419-6750-4754-A4D1-CC2312DDC19D...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C3C3114294EDD93D.5AED3B9E-DA2C-4F5A-99B9-53662D7E3555...><https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C3C3114294EDD93D.5AED3B9E-DA2C-4F5A-99B9-53662D7E3555...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1302185668.1130680.1567413855277...><https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1302185668.1130680.1567413855277...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM6PR14MB277767D085E25EDF7B1DFA5FC5B60...>

Join us on Facebook!