Date: 9/9/19 12:28 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/8/19
Sunday was a relatively unbusy but quite interesting day. Had a Rock Wren
and House Wren in hand at the same time for nice comparison photos. Then
puzzled for awhile to identify a hatch year Savannah Sparrow (only the
second ever caught here, the other being in 1991!). Ended the day with the
FOS Yellow-rumped Warbler. Here's the full breakdown of the 36 new birds:

Western Wood-pewee 1
Black-capped Chickadee 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Rock Wren 1
House Wren 2
Gray Catbird 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 24
Savannah Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 13. We are opening nets at 6:40 and should have birds back at the
station by 7:20. We will close nets most days at 11:40, although we will
likely close earlier some days as long as this heat continues. School
groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30, but this Tuesday the ornithology
class from UNC will be at the station from 8:15 until 11. The best time to
visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies