Date: 9/9/19 6:42 am
From: Dennis Casper <denncasp.wisbirder...>
Subject: [wisb] Lake Park Warbler Walk #3, September 7, 2019
eBird Report - Lake Park--general, Sep 7, 2019

On another lovely, comfortably cool morning, 22 or so birders made their
leisurely way from the Warming House area in Lake Park across the
pedestrian bridge to the Wolcott Statue and Lion Bridges. Again the
morning was rather quiet without a great amount of avian activity.
Nevertheless, we still had a good number of species--45, including 11
warbler species. So far this season on our warbler walks, we have not yet
seen a large influx of migrants. Hopefully, they are still to come, so
join us next week!

<ebird-checklist...>
Mon 9/9/2019 8:11 AM
Dennis J Casper

Lake Park--general, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US
Sep 7, 2019 8:31 AM - 10:39 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.115 mile(s)
Comments: Lake Park Warbler Walk #3, September 7, 2019
45 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 40
Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) 1
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 1
Chimney Swift (Chaetura pelagica) 8
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) 6
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis) 40
Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) 25
Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) 1
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 5
Downy Woodpecker (Dryobates pubescens) 4
Hairy Woodpecker (Dryobates villosus) 1
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee (Contopus virens) 4
Empidonax sp. (Empidonax sp.) 1
Warbling Vireo (Eastern) (Vireo gilvus gilvus) 2
Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus) 5
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 12
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 4
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) 1
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) 8
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) 3
Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis) 9
Swainson's Thrush (Catharus ustulatus) 8
American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 2
Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) 75
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) 4
House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus) 4
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 6
Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina) 12
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 1
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) 2
Brown-headed Cowbird (Molothrus ater) 1
Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula) 3
Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) 3
Golden-winged Warbler (Vermivora chrysoptera) 1
Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) 3
Tennessee Warbler (Leiothlypis peregrina) 2
American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) 10
Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia) 2
Blackburnian Warbler (Setophaga fusca) 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica) 1
Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) 8
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata) 1
Wilson's Warbler (Cardellina pusilla) 2
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 5

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59633666