Date: 9/8/19 7:17 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Yong Comment - Re: [JERSEYBI] Cape May notes, 6 Sep - Dorian, songbirds
Thanks for the Cape Island *smoke signal* Tom !!! Much appreciated.

I made my first 2019 fall Pilgrimage to Cape Island Friday. As an outsider
visiting birder's perspective, birds observed at Higbee WMA on Friday was
over the top especially with local Cape Island birders pointing out birds
for me to see.
I had the another *top domestic clearance* from Mary to head down again to
Cape Island today. But I refused. Reason ? Simple.

I wanted to bird around the home yard and the hood instead. As expected,
home birding will never rival cape island birding. For this and next week, I
am going to get the Sharpie out and include my homewoods boundary to become
part of the Cape Island.

As a consolation prize birding at Brig today, Marc and I found an
interesting plover at dogleg. All common sense tells me it was nothing more
than an American Golden Plover, if at that at best. But it was fun trying
to think out side of the *bird* box.

Yong Kong
Winslow Township, Camden County