Date: 9/8/19 3:52 pm
From: 'P. swanson' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT (monarch food) Goldenrods & Asters
I’m with you, Sally. There’s also another problem on my side of town, too. Nobody is planting any flowers at all. It’s house after house of nothing. At most, couple pots of geraniums. But there is nothing for the pollinators, not even a clover lawn. Somewhere along the line, someone convinced people that lawns with clover are not desirable. Butterflies and bees have to go a mile or more and even then they don’t find a native flower. I try to make up for it with flowers that I know are recommended for Michigan but I still only get a few bees and butterflies. Enough complaining. I don’t believe we’ll ever go back to that

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C7F5FAC9-B0FA-4C75-B983-E3F46900AA8E...>

Join us on Facebook!