Date: 9/8/19 1:48 pm
From: Vicki Morgan <vemorg...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Ridgway State Park, 9/6/19-9/7/19
Banding has been going steady for the previous two days. On Friday we had
to close early due to heat and ended with 21 birds. Saturday was a bit
cooler and cloudier, and it rained a little but not enough to close nets.
It was also our public banding day, and with 30 birds, including a
Yellow-breasted Chat, Western Tanager, and Red-naped Sapsucker we had
plenty to show our visitors! As of Saturday we are up to 127 birds of 29
species.

Wilson's Warbler 13
Yellow Warbler 4
House Wren 4
Orange-crowned Warbler 5
Chipping Sparrow 1 (FOS)
Willow Flycatcher 1 (FOS)
MacGillivray's Warbler 4
Gray Catbird 2
American Robin 2
Virginia's Warbler 3
Nashville Warbler 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 3
Western Tanager 1
White-crowned Sparrow 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1 (FOS)
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Red-naped Sapsucker 1 (FOS)

I will be banding at Ridgway every day until this Friday the 13th. We have
birds starting at around 0710, and probably close between 1040 and noon,
depending on weather. If you want to see birds arrive before 9:30!

Vicki Morgan
Bander, Ridgway State Park
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies