Date: 9/8/19 10:52 am
From: Sally K. Scheer <winerat...>
Subject: RE: [birders] OT (monarch food) Goldenrods & Asters
Writers of Weed ordinances in all areas need a little education. Seems to be OK to import foreign plants to “beautify” the yards but let some native wild plants in and suddenly you have WEEDS!! Oh horrors! It’s not just cities either. Our small town “inspectors” hounded a friend of mine about the wonderful wild things growing in her yards and fined her multiple times for them. She’s dead now and the house has been purchased and the yard is not a flat expanse of grass with nothing of interest. It breaks my heart.

Sally Scheer

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to birders+<unsubscribe...> <mailto:birders%<2Bunsubscribe...> .
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<AA360900-378D-4259-8A52-D9CA76C5F43A...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PV0CBs9p2Vs_7SVYwXSDSK-xM1XH5oHB-%3D7eSCX9%<2BpeZQ...> <https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PV0CBs9p2Vs_7SVYwXSDSK-xM1XH5oHB-%3D7eSCX9%<2BpeZQ...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/000001d565ac%243f2669c0%24bd733d40%<24...> <https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/000001d565ac%243f2669c0%24bd733d40%<24...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PU%2BLcTEkkkFB7rQabX1RuwQ%3D%2BXDKNMYMNnryks3yJ4v%<2BQ...> <https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PU%2BLcTEkkkFB7rQabX1RuwQ%3D%2BXDKNMYMNnryks3yJ4v%<2BQ...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/00ca01d5666e%2425637b50%24702a71f0%24%40com.

Join us on Facebook!