Date: 9/8/19 10:15 am
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Of Jaegers and Nuthatches
Hi birders,

This morning for the second time in a few weeks I heard a few nasalized
calls of the RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH at our place in Soquel.

Then, inspired by the reports of jaegers, I went down to Sea Cliff State
Beach. As a reward for my run, I scoped the ocean and was rewarded with
at least 3 PARASITIC JAEGERS and 1 POMARINE JAEGER. At one point 2
PARASITIC JAEGERS flew along the wharf up close to the cement ship. Had
I been prepared with a camera, I might have gotten good photos.

Regardless, just beautiful out there on the ocean. The crowds have also
thinned out on the beach.

Good birding,

Pete Sole'
Soquel, CA