Date: 9/8/19 8:25 am
Subject: blue-winged warbler, other migrants at Joyner Park
I got great looks at a blue-winged warbler at E. Carroll Joyner Park in Wake Co this morning.  It was near the maintenance yard at the southern end of the park.  In addition I saw magnolia, black-and-white, redstart, and yellow warblers, plus Baltimore oriole, veery, red-headed woodpecker, several flocks of red-eyed vireos, and yellow-throated vireo.  I also saw an empid I believe was a least, but it was too far out for me to check all the field marks needed to satisfy e-bird.  I tallied 53 species in all.
Marc RibaudoGarner

Join us on Facebook!