Date: 9/8/19 7:29 am
From: <mcvetas...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET A Young Birder Night with Chimney Swifts (Sign up for Field Trip - No Sightings)
You’ve seen Chimney Swifts fly up high in the sky during the day, have you seen them enter a chimney at sunset to roost for the night, scores of them circling then dropping in? Young Birders and Families, join Tamima Itani and Jeff Bilsky for an evening with Chimney Swifts in Evanston next Saturday, September 14th at 6:30pm. Park your car on the North side of the Northwestern University parking lot on Ashland Ave in Evanston, between Central St and Isabella, then walk East on Isabella to our watch location, which will be at the intersection of Isabella St and 4th St. Plan on arriving no later than 6:30 pm to watch the swifts arrive. With sunset time being at 7:02 pm, the swifts will likely start dropping in by 6:50 pm. Those interested can count how many go in! We will have a scope set up, but do bring your binoculars if you have a pair.

To register:

https://www.illinoisyoungbirders.org/trip/a-night-with-chimney-swifts/ https://www.illinoisyoungbirders.org/trip/a-night-with-chimney-swifts/

Matthew Cvetas
IOS President