Date: 9/7/19 8:38 am
Subject: Swanson's thrush, Jordan Lake

I birded the Ebenezer boat launch area of Jordan Lake SP this morning, looking for migrants.  I heard and saw a Swanson's thrush along the entrance road to the parking lot.  There were lots of birds in the trees along the shore, but most were pine warblers.  Several mixed flocks along the trails also contained lots of pines, plus the expected chickadees, titmice, nutatches, and red-eyes vireos.  I did manage to find redstart, parula, black-and-white, and yellow warblers, plus yellow-billed cuckoos and red-headed woodpeckers.

Marc Ribaudo

Join us on Facebook!