Date: 9/6/19 5:18 pm
From: Craig Taylor <tnemec1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Limpkin Question
Gas has been $2.33 for regular at Rantoul exit on I-57.--------------------------------
Olney has a new Best Western Plus.
367 N West Street Olney, Illinois 62450
United States
Toll Free Reservations   1(800) 780-7234

Hotel Direct Number    (618) 429-9360

Travelers Inn in Olney is a $50.00 per night (tax included) fishermans motel in Olney.  Old place.  I stay there but would NOT take my wife.... -------------
Daylight Donuts has GREAT breakfast sandwiches.
Counter-serve chain serving donuts & its own brand of coffee for sit-down or takeout.320 W Main StOlney, IL 62450

Opens 6AM Sat

Craig Taylor
La Grange, Illinois
Cook County

On Friday, September 6, 2019, 5:24:48 PM CDT, <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

I am seriously considering driving to see the Limpkin tomorrow morning.  For the people that have driven there from the Chicagoland area (I'll be coming from Downers Grove), are there any tips or things to be aware of traffic-wise? Any recommended route?  It will be a long day, but I assume that most of the people that have gone did the out-and-back on the same day, correct?  If not, I'd be interested to know if there are hotels nearby.  I did the 3 1/2 hour drive for the Lewis's Woodpecker out and back the same day.  This will be 2 hours more, but man I REALLY want to see the Limpkin.  So I'm about 99% decided.  If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know.

And thanks, Craig, for the detailed instructions about where to park.  Hoping for the Limpkin and Sabine's Gull in the same trip.

Joan Campbell

Currently in Downers Grove, IL

DuPage County.

Join us on Facebook!