Date: 9/6/19 4:20 pm
From: Frank Hamilton <fhamil06...>
Subject: Dealing with Hurricane Dorian
I started taking down my poles, seed and suet feeders Wednesday afternoon as wind increased.  My "usual suspects" kept flying in and looking around for the missing buffet. Despite the increasing wind, I kept my hummingbird feeders up until almost dark.  On Thursday,  the wind was too strong for feeders.  I did step out onto the front porch in the afternoon to look around and take a few photos to send a situation report to out-of-town family.  It hurt my heart to look up and see a hummer on a perch next to where the porch feeder was supposed to be.

As evening approached, the wind had subsided to where I hung two nectar feeders, one the front porch and one outside my kitchen window.  Later, I was able to replace two poles and put out three seed feeders until I could replace everything today.  I've been blessed with a constant stream of songbirds and hummingbirds throughout today.
Hope everyone near the coast is safe.

Frank Hamilton
Charleston, SC

Join us on Facebook!