Date: 9/6/19 12:09 pm
From: Barbara Monahan <monahan...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Re: Another Red breasted nuthatch
At least one nuthatch continues to visit our birdbath. I have long recognized a very distinct vocalization. If one is close, they make a sound that might be mistaken for a Pygmy nuthatch. I hear this before I ever hear their standard honking, sometimes the only sound before I see one.

I love finding these because I don’t have to walk. They come to me.

Barbara Monahan

Near Scotts Valley, off of Jarvis Rd. At about 1100’

Sent from my iPad