Date: 9/6/19 8:54 am
From: Allen Yow <ayow...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: RE: IBET Limpkin
Thank you.

H. Allen Yow
Rammelkamp Bradney, P.C.
232 West State Street
P.O. Box 550
Jacksonville, IL 62651-0550
Telephone: 217-245-6177, ext. 1129
Fax: 217-243-7322
Web: http://www.rblawyers.net

From: Craig Taylor <tnemec1...>
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 10:46 AM
To: ILbirds IBET <ilbirds...>; Allen Yow <ayow...>

It has been seen all morning.

This bird has been present since June 20. Yesterday the owner of the property contacted the U of I who put the word out.

It seems to stay primarily in a small cove, where it's food source is - freshwater mussels. It walks the edge of shoreline or flies and perches into nearby bald cypress tree. Both locations easily viewed from road.

It will sometimes walk along edge into the tangle of growth on the right (as you look at lake) and "disappear" for short periods.

"Do you eBird?"

Craig Taylor
La Grange, Illinois
Cook County

On Friday, September 6, 2019, 10:34:59 AM CDT, Allen Yow <ayow...><mailto:<ayow...>> wrote:

If anyone sees the Limpkin today please let me know. I may try to locate it tomorrow. Thank you.

Allen

H. Allen Yow

Rammelkamp Bradney, P.C.

232 West State Street

P.O. Box 550

Jacksonville, IL 62651-0550

Telephone: 217-245-6177, ext. 1129

Fax: 217-243-7322

Some photos from Wednesday evening can be found here:

eBird Checklist - 4 Sep 2019 - 5066 E Westpoint Ln, Olney US-IL (38.7745,-88.0651) - 7 species<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59522551>

eBird Checklist - 4 Sep 2019 - 5066 E Westpoint Ln, Olney US-IL (38.7745...

Submitted by Craig Taylor.

"Do you eBird?"

Craig Taylor
La Grange, Illinois