Date: 9/6/19 6:35 am
From: tracy chiconas <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender tchiconas for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Re: Where are the Red-winged Blackbirds? Polk County
They have disappeared by me as well (Milwaukee Co. east side along the lake) approx. 2 weeks ago.
They are one of the earliest birds i see arrive, so i just assumed they left early as well.

- Tracy Chiconas
Mil Co.
<tchiconas...>

On Thursday, September 5, 2019, 1:36:40 PM CDT, Jeff Virant <rainbow...> wrote:

Hi all,

What has happened to all of the red-winged blackbirds? In this area we
are accustomed to seeing them until at least the middle of September
when they usually amass in extraordinary numbers in our trees as they
prepare for migration. Until about one week ago, we were enjoying large
numbers of them exploiting our suet feeder and suddenly they vanished.
There was no flocking to be observed. I'm not entirely sure if this is
some sort of normal phenomenon I haven't noticed before or if they just
suddenly flew south without notifying me.

Best birding,

Jeff Virant
Deer Park, WI, Polk County
<rainbow...>