Date: 9/6/19 2:07 am
From: Phil Bugosh <peb729...>
Subject: [birders] Reminder: OAS Field Trips Saturday Sept 7 and Sunday Sept 8 - Everyone is invited
Saturday, September 7, 2019, 8:30am-11:30am. Drayton Plains
Leader: Kathleen Dougherty ( <kad8186...> )
This event is intended for Young Birders as well as adults. The Drayton
Plains Nature Center is a 138-acre natural area in Waterford along the
Clinton River. The site is a former fish hatchery. Several ponds were
constructed for the hatchery along the river. The property has an
impressive bird checklist with 176 species recorded. Director of Bird
Studies, Terri Chapdelaine will assist with the tour. Dress for the weather
and bring your binoculars. Plan to hike about 2 miles. Meet at the Nature
Center Parking Lot at 2125 Denby Road in Waterford, MI.

Sunday, September 8, 2019, 8:00am-12:00pm. Kensington Metropark
Leader: Dan Gertiser ( <dangertiser...> )
On our visit to Kensington we will look for fall migrants on the trails
around the nature center. Our emphasis will be on migrating passerines. We
will also search for early migrating waterfowl. Meet at the Nature Center
where there are modern bathroom facilities. Insects should not be a
problem. A Metropark pass is required.

Please see our website (http://www.oaklandaudubon.org) for details about
upcoming field trips, meetings and the Young Birder's Club. Contact the
field trip leaders if you have additional questions. You do not have to be
a member to participate. Everyone is welcome.

Thank you,
Phil Bugosh
Oakland Audubon Society

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org