Date: 9/5/19 7:19 pm
From: 'P. swanson' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Double-crested Cormorants - Conservancy Farm
Hi, Jack.
Nice photos. I have been seeing a single adult DC cormorant on Lake St. Clair off and on the last few days. I can’t tell if there are more in the trees that I can’t see. They start out every Spring in great numbers (around 60) when the trees are bare but the adults usually go north to breeding grounds and juveniles stay here. This may be the last straggler. Unfortunately, hunting them is legal in Michigan now, so I expect their numbers to decrease.
Penny

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<D40E78BC-7246-40C4-A2F3-CA77A6F02EFD...>

Join us on Facebook!