Date: 9/5/19 3:26 pm
From: liammsf <liammsf...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Fall in Full Swing in Pajaro Area - NASHVILLE WARBLER
Hi all,

I had a pretty productive morning in the Pajaro area today. The shorebirds
pond was full of RED-NECKED PHALAROPES upon my arrival around 9am, upward
of five dozen of them. There were also three LESSER YELLOWLEGS present. A
lot of the usual suspects were present. I got a nice look at an immature
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT.

Moving through Pajaro Dunes, there was a lot of shorebird action on the
slough. SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS, WESTERN SANDPIPERS, SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS,
and GREATER YELLOWLEGS were present in large numbers, along with a few
WILLETS, LEAST SANDPIPERS, MARBLED GODWITS, KILLDEER, WHIMBRELS, and a
single BLACK-NECKED STILT. I saw a few more phalaropes, as well as both
our egrets and three great-blue herons. At the end of the road, an early
arrival TOWNSEND'S WARBLER was working the cypress in the Pelican Point
parking lot. I also saw a few dozen SANDERLINGS and a SNOWY PLOVER out on
the beach.

On the way out, I stopped at C.A.R.E. Park where the WILLOW FLYCATCHER was
continuing after being present most of this week. The highlight of the day
was a juvenile NASHVILLE WARBLER foraging high in a tree down the east fork
of the trail, at the bend past the picnic table where the flycatchers have
been seen. I got some good looks at all the diagnostic features but was
not able to get a clear photo. Best I got is
here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59537759

Seems like fall is really kicking into gear, good luck out there!