Date: 9/5/19 2:57 pm
From: Robert Snowden <rsnowden0524...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chico Basin Ranch (El Paso), 9/5/19
Another hot day at Chico Basin. Things started off quietly but as the
temperature increased, so briefly did our capture rates, before the
90-degree weather caused us to shut down early. We banded 29 birds of 14
species. Notable captures included another Canyon Towhee, and a Red-eyed
Vireo (the 9th banding record at Chico Basin).

The day's summary:

Wilson's Warbler 10
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 5
House Wren 2
Cordilleran/Pacific-slope ("Western") Flycatcher 1
Yellow Warbler 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 2
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Gray Catbird 1
Canyon Towhee 1
Brown Thrasher 1

We are open 6 days a week, closed on Sundays. We'll be opening at 6:30 AM
for the remainder of the week, and closing at 11:30, weather permitting.
Visitors are welcome!

Robert Snowden
Bander, Chico Basin Ranch
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies