Date: 9/5/19 10:56 am
From: Alice Elliott <alelliot...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT Monarchs
Do be careful of transporting milkweed in some areas. Stiltgrass, a new
invasive species in Scio, has seeds that can easily be moved through dirt
and soil. Thus far we have been able to contain stiltgrass to Washtenaw
County-- I would hate to see it escape to other counties because of a
well-meaning monarch supporter.

--
Alice Elliott
Coordinator, Washtenaw Stiltgrass Working Group

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAErMB8VvaG-CucLoM1pHhGMEPjZVKQ3qQ6jnzy%<3DWPfRUf0GtwA...>

Join us on Facebook!