Date: 9/5/19 7:41 am
From: Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Saturday pelagic
Hello folks,

Migration looks to be kicking in with full force now. We have been
concentrating our pelagic efforts out of Half Moon Bay and Bodega Bay so
far, and this Saturday we do our first Monterey trip. The next is on Sept
22. It has been very active to the north, with an amazingly good track
record on Laysan Albatross (4 out of 5 trips). We hope that in Monterey we
can continue that streak. Water is warming up offshore, and this Saturday's
trip is a longer offshore trip hoping to find the albacore grounds. Albacore
water has been seen off Half Moon Bay and to Santa Cruz, so we shall see
what the offshore has in store for us. Lots of Arctic Terns have been
present this year, and South Polar Skuas have made themselves known along
with the three jaegers, Buller's Shearwaters have arrived. The fall pelagic
migration is happening!

If you are interested in coming on the trip:
http://alvarosadventures.com/boat-trips/pelagics/

Good birding,

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo