Date: 9/5/19 6:24 am
From: Alan Kneidel <akneidel...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Kingston/Plymouth/Duxbury gull roost, easily viewable
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would alert everyone to a gull show that has been happening
in Kingston, Plymouth County the past few days. Viewable from Grays Beach
Park, gulls have been congregating in the late afternoon on the beach
itself and adjacent waters. Numbers continue to build until the birds then
move out into the center of the bay to form a raft for the night. The birds
were accumulating as early as 6:00 yesterday and left the beach at 7:22 to
head out onto the water. At this point, there were gulls still pouring in
from both Plymouth and Duxbury directions.

Last night, I estimated 1,500 Laughing Gulls and 500 Ring-billed Gulls in
this group, though likely additional birds continued to arrive after
nightfall. Herring Gulls, although separate for most the evening, also
began to join the raft.

So, if anyone is interested in some casual evening gullling, I suggest
pulling up a lawn chair an Grays Beach and enjoy the show. Additional
details and a poor iphone video in the below checklist:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59518698

Alan Kneidel
Kingston, MA

Join us on Facebook!