Date: 9/4/19 9:51 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Grove cook co
Hi everyone,

There were a few pockets, well two pockets, of migrating birds today at the Grove. One at the back wetland which moved quickly and left so I don't know where they went and then one near the big open lawn where they had the weddings.

Had a few species of warblers and a few grosbeaks. There might of been a golden-winged warbler but I didn't get a good enough look at it before it flew. Lots of grackles and Blue Jays gathering acorns for the winter and nuthatches meeping throughout the park probably gathering food for the winter as well.

A nice day to be out but certainly not peak migration at this location.

Suzanne Coleman
Cook County

PS if anybody knows what the heck they're doing to the front tiny wetland that's now gone and destroyed I'd love to know. There used to be a great egret who would utilize that wetland every fall in a nice secluded area... not anymore.

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: