Date: 9/4/19 8:34 pm
From: Bill Hilton Jr. <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 08/01/19 (Swallowtails & Swamp Milkweed)
August was an inauspicious month for banding birds at Hilton Pond Center; even our usually faithful Ruby-throated Hummingbirds were relatively few. (More in a later post about that.) Thus, it was good we had a patch of Swamp Milkweed to watch; it brought in an unusually large number of swallowtail butterflies and even a NEW lepidopteran species for the Center! To read all about it, check out Installment #699 of "This Week at Hilton Pond" for 1-31 Aug 2019.

As always, we include tallies of what birds we did band or recapture, along with our continuing "Yard List" of avian species encountered locally during the year.

It's all at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek190801.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6hUTMQounavANZ_Ljq64EiNMtp1TpheacYvOWBf_Xfk&s=ElLKvHMx8OVwxlps9WgJmCMrciiJiQTA7ggUWEM4ZMs&e=

Happy Nature-Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6hUTMQounavANZ_Ljq64EiNMtp1TpheacYvOWBf_Xfk&s=hGYs85sH5rnG4XGGHuHQ8ThnLzH-alQEGkKiigSX_q4&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=6hUTMQounavANZ_Ljq64EiNMtp1TpheacYvOWBf_Xfk&s=iRmcTYV_h6Vv2bV4jhNRWTg97cXj7-mQ3Im5Af9mNxA&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!