Date: 9/4/19 7:09 pm
From: Bob Matyas <bobmatyas...>
Subject: [wisb] decent bird migration today in SE Wisconsin
Hello all,
I was at home today doing inside and outside chores. Just like in May, in September I keep a binoculars nearby. Jeremy was correct that now was the time to watch for Warblers at your favorite park. Our yard is not on any body of water, but today we had a Veery, Eastern Wood PeWee, 3 Flycatchers ( either Willow, Alder, or Least ) but pretty sure one was a Least Flycatcher ( it was smaller and was whiter below than the other two flycatchers ), Red-eyed and Philadelphia Vireos, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and for the Warblers, Black-throated Green Warbler, Cape May Warbler, a few Tennessee Warblers, and one gorgeous male Blackburnian Warbler. If these birds were in my yard, a park on a lake or river would have probably been very productive.
This sure made a gloomy early September day more enjoyable.
The local family of Baltimore Orioles is still enjoying our jelly feeders. This is the latest we have ever had our resident Baltimore Orioles still in our yard.
Good Birding,
Bob Matyas
Franklin, WI.