Date: 9/4/19 5:38 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Again Waukegan & Illinois Beach South Wed 9-4-19
Hello Bird People,

Did Waukegan Beach with Andy Stewart & Eric Walters & did Illinois
Beach South with Andy Stewart, Steve M & Gustavo. It was another weak
day for shorebirds with only 4 species at Waukegan, 3 species at
Illinois Beach & 2 species at Spring Bluff F.P. And no shorebirds at
all at State Line Beach. One of these days we will hit it big with
shorebirds but not today. As to raptors we saw 1 adult Bald Eagle at
Waukegan & 1 Osprey & 1 Merlin at Illinois Beach. Eric saw the
AMERICAN BITTERN at Waukegan & I saw one LEAST BITTERN in flight also
at Waukegan.
Here's my lists:

Waukegan Beach (6:30-7:30 a.m.)

LEAST BITTERN (1)
Canada Goose (2 fly-bys)
BALD EAGLE (1-AD)
Killdeer (3)
Sanderling (9)
Least & Semipalmated Sandpipers (1 each)
Ring Billed & Herring Gulls
Caspian Tern (1)
Barn Swallow (6)
Palm Warbler (1)
Red Wings (2)

Illinois Beach South Unit (Beach Only) (7:45-9:45 a.m.)

D,C. Cormorant (1)
OSPREY (1 fly-by)
Merlin (1, continuing)
Semipalmated Plover (2) & Killdeer (1)
Sanderling (3)
Ring Billed Gull (1)
Barn Swallow (2)
(Had a few land birds including 1 each Eastern Pewee & Eastern Phoebe)

Spring Bluff F.P. (10:15-10:30 a.m.)

Great Egret ((2)
Killdeer (1) & Least Sandpiper (3)
Ring Billed Gull (2 fly-bys)
Kingfisher (1)

Bird-Of-The-Day to one Eastern Screech Owl seen briefly at Illinois Beach &
Runners-Up to the Bald Eagle, the Osprey & the Least Bittern.

Al Stokie
In Lake County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: