Date: 9/4/19 11:10 am
From: Shilo McDonald <shilocm...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Hairy Woodpecker, Lynn, 9-4-19
Now I know what you're thinking. He's reporting a Hairy Woodpecker? How mundane... But, au contraire!
Because this is my very first time seeing a Hairy Woodpecker in. my. back. yard!  :-)
Thanks to a kitchen window being open, I heard her short, sharp and very loud peek call. And instantly knew, that's no Downy Woodpecker...
So I quickly grabbed my Canon D70 with 200mm lens and rushed to my backyard blind (aka the sunroom). Where I was blessed with the sight of a female Hairy Woodpecker on my Squirrel Buster feeder.
eBird Report with Photos:https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59511017

Good Birding,Mr. Shilo McDonald (Lynn, MA)ShiloCM at yahoo dot com
And remember kids, smile:Me, Last Spring: "I thought new birds were visiting my yard when they arrived in new plumage."Me, End of Summer: "I thought new birds were visiting my yard when they arrived in new plumage."

Join us on Facebook!