Date: 9/4/19 7:27 am
From: Peter Fissel <pfissel...>
Subject: [wisb] A note on yesterday's BB Whistling Duck in Dane Co.
Before anyone goes rushing off to find the Black-bellied Whistling Duck, that sighting was from 2:00 Tuesday afternoon.  Jim called me at work around 3:30, since he had been trying to relocate it without success after it (and the 200 Mallards it was associating with) took flight and winged off to the south.  He checked a bunch of other flooded fields and ponds in the area (including Indian Lake), but couldn't find it again.  (I suggested he check Shoveler's Sink, where he found another one several years ago.)  I obviously couldn't post it for him, since Wisbirdn was offline.

Anyway, keep your eyes open if you're scoping waterfowl anywhere west of Madison.

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.