Date: 9/4/19 6:28 am
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Lincoln, Cheyenne and Elbert 9-3
Our DFO field trip braved a windy day yesterday, and we had to scrape and
peck, and watch so many birds blow away on the breeze as we visited areas
of these three counties. But I want to mention, since shorebird habitat is
at a premium this season, that we encountered shorebirds at Evilsizer Lake
in Lincoln, especially on the south side of CR U. There were not so many (*Am
Avocet, Killdeer, Stilt, Baird's, Least*), but other than 3 *Greater
Yellowlegs* at a small pond nearby, this was all we encountered of
shorebirds. It would be worth stopping in to look there.

The day was highlighted by continual encounters with *Loggerhead Shrikes*
throughout the day. We eBirded 34 of them, and estimate we had a total of
58 for the day. Some were certainly family groups.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO