Date: 9/4/19 5:34 am
From: Pat Ready <birdsready...>
Subject: [wisb] Horicon Marsh - recent visit- Auto Tour reopens
I stopped at the Marsh on Saturday to ride Old Marsh Rd before it closed again. I entered via the Auto Tour. The roads are improved, either resealed or repaired but there aren’t more pull outs as I had expected. There is now a small paved parking area (3 cars maybe) at the Old Marsh Rd stop and wider areas at the last water spread just before leaving. Anyway I did see 1 Glossy Ibis on my ride, 6 Trumpeter Swans, 100+ Great Egrets, Great Blue Herons, but very few shorebirds. Habitat looked great in some areas but not many birds. No Black Necked Stilts either and I even checked Hwy 49. Met a few nice Birders out there. Sue from Madison on my way out. And Dianne from Mt Horeb. Biking, Birding & making friends is what it’s all about. Go Birding!

Pat Ready
Madison

Sent from my iPhone####################