Date: 9/4/19 4:54 am
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Red Knot ~ Lakeshore State Park MKE Co. 9/3/19, some images...
Hi all,
I got a tip this morning that a rare bird for this area, a Red Knot was
seen and reported yesterday at Lakeshore State Park. I made the run down to
the lakefront this morning assuming the bird was not present but something
else could have come in. The juvenile bird was present at the beach area at
the park and gave nice views. It fed, finding things to eat while I was
present taking some photographs. This bird is considered a rare sighting as
the normal range for this species is east and west coasts of North America.
Thanks to Tracy C for finding this bird and getting the word out for others
to try for it. It was partly cloudy early morning with light winds and mild
temps.

A couple images of the Red Knot from this morning at the link below if you
care to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/red-knot-at-lakeshore-state-park-in-milwaukee-wisconsin-on-september-3-2019/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/red-knot-at-lakeshore-state-park-in-milwaukee-wisconsin-on-september-3-2019/>*

Thanks and good birding,