Date: 9/4/19 4:27 am
From: Patrick Ready <birdsready...>
Subject: [wisb] Horizon Marsh - recent visit- Auto Tour open
I stopped at the Marsh on Saturday to ride Old Marsh Rd before it closed
again. I entered via the Auto Tour. The roads are improved, either resealed
or repaired but there aren’t more pull outs as I had expected. There is now
a small paved parking area (3 cars maybe) at the Old Marsh Rd stop and
wider areas at the last water spread just before leaving. Anyway I did see
1 Glossy Ibis on my ride, 6 Trumpeter Swans, 100+ Great Egrets, Great Blue
Herons, but very few shorebirds. Habitat looked great in some areas but not
many birds. No Black Necked Stilts either and I even checked Hwy 49. Met a
few nice Birders out there. Sue from Madison on my way out. And Dianne from
Mt Horeb. Biking, Birding & making friends is what it’s all about. Go
Birding!
Pat Ready
Madison