Date: 9/3/19 5:51 pm
From: Colin Woolley <colin.woolley...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Rogers Grove Park, Longmont (Boulder CO), 9/3/19
Hi folks,
Today was the first day of fall banding at our Longmont station in Rogers
Grove Park. It was a fairly slow morning, not a lot of activity in the
area. Warm temperatures and late-morning winds led to an early closing. We
banded just 9 birds of 4 species, while watching a young male American
Redstart dance around our nets but manage to avoid them. Here's our totals
for the day:

Wilson's Warbler: 6
House Wren: 1
Black-capped Chickadee: 1
Downy Woodpecker: 1

This station will be open each Tues and Thurs through Oct 10th, EXCEPT Sep
24th and 26th. This week and next we'll be opening nets around 6:40 and
continuing for 5 hours (weather permitting) Walk-in visitors are welcome!

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
Arvada, CO