Date: 9/3/19 3:12 pm
From: Alan Ryff <alryff...>
Subject: [birders] What has happened?

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back is now the proverbial spray of insecticide and herbicide plus Monsanto soybean and corn crops to feed this world, as well as China's pork industry.  Welcome to the Anthropocene age.

Alan

On Sep 1, 2019, at 8:22 PM, Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...> wrote:

I was at a baseball game in Utica last night.  Jimmy John’s Stadium on M-59.  Granted, the evening was a little cool but...with all the high intensity lamps surrounding the stadium and field, during the entire game, we noticed one flying Mantid some House Sparrows and a couple Gulls.  No moths, no June Bugs, no Mayflies, no Katydids no Cicadas and no Mosquitos.  For late Summer, it did not seem right.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1395633041.1874945.1567548740432...>

Join us on Facebook!