Date: 9/3/19 10:16 am
From: Jordan Spindel <jordan.spindel...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Centennial Woods 9/3: MOWA and others
Hi all,

I was able to get out to Centennial Woods for about an hour and a half this morning. A decent number of migrants have arrived, the best showing I’ve seen this fall. By far the highlight of the outing was a MOURNING WARBLER seen well with the similar Common Yellowthroat in the vicinity. Ever since starting at UVM, I had written off this species as being too skulky to find in fall. I saw the warbler around 8:20 about 100 feet into the coniferous forest if you start from the entrance. Other than this, I saw 10 other species of warbler, including Bay-Breasted, Blackburnian, and a singing(!) Tennessee. A lot of warblers did go unidentified, so there were probably at least a half dozen other warbler species in the area.

Good birding to all!

Jordan Spindel

Join us on Facebook!