Date: 9/2/19 8:03 am
From: Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Swallow wave Derby
The Tree Swallow population here in the southwestern most part of Vermont was definitely up this season. The last two years we had fewer birds than normal. The Barn Swallows seem to increase in number every year. We had a full Barn this year!

Mundi
North Pownal

Sent from my iPad

The greatest tragedy in mankind’s entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008

> On Sep 2, 2019, at 10:57 AM, Charlie La Rosa <charlie.larosa...> wrote:
>
> I realize that the population trends for many swallow species are downward
> here and in other parts of the world. Given that, I can say anecdotally
> that I live in area where there should be plenty of tree and barn swallows.
> The habitat is good and there are suitable sites for nesting.
> Unfortunately, I have seen only a handful of tree swallows all summer and
> one barn swallow. Are others seeing the same? I wonder how large an area
> comprises the source of Walter's flock. At any rate, I'm glad to know he
> saw them.
> Charlie La Rosa
> So. Washington, VT
>

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 10:25 AM Kay Johnson <
> <0000002d57029402-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>
>> That must have been a wonderful sight. I was thinking this weekend that
>> I'd not seen any swallows this year near Hinesburg. Need to visit more hot
>> spots. Kay

Join us on Facebook!