Date: 9/1/19 4:38 pm
From: Laura Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: Canada Warbler Bedford Co.
Cloudy skies brought a beautiful male Canada warbler in breeding plumage to
our backyard. No doubt it was attracted to our bubbling boulder just
outside our kitchen window. What a nice surprise to see during breakfast,
and at close range as it moved around in our redbud tree. Needless to say
we lingered over breakfast.

Later in the afternoon we watched a mature bald eagle just a mile from our
house, feeding on a road-killed deer. A raven flew over, but didn't stop.
We also watched 7 wild turkeys in the woods.

eBird check list for the morning:

Mountain Meadows, Bedford, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 1, 2019 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Watched our side and backyard from inside our house. Cloudy
with rain forecast.
17 species

Mourning Dove 5
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk 2
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 5
Black-capped Chickadee 1
Tufted Titmouse 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 1
Gray Catbird 2
House Sparrow 5
American Goldfinch 5
Eastern Towhee 3
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Canada Warbler 1 Distinctive necklace and white eye-ring; bird was
very close to window in redbud tree above bubbling boulder.
Northern Cardinal 3

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59442425

Join us on Facebook!