Date: 9/1/19 3:44 pm
From: <reports...>
Subject: [birders] Holiday Beach Hawk Watch (01 Sep 2019) 6 Raptors

Unknown Raptor 0 0 0

Total: 6 6 6

Observation start time: 07:00:00
Observation end time: 15:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Maryse Gagne

Observers: Elizabeth Kent, Hugh Kent

Visitors:
Mike, Bob, Neil, Chip, Noel and Juliette all visited and their help was
much appreciated.
Several other visitors came to enjoy the view for a few moments between the
rain.

Weather:
The day started out fine, but increasing amounts of rain later in the day.

Raptor Observations:
We observed few raptors but a reasonable variety, including residents of
the marsh; two osprey, two juvenile and one adult bald eagle, and one
turkey vulture.

Non-raptor Observations:
A significant number of purple martins migrating, over 700 birds. We also
observed many swallows feeding over the marsh, including over 300 tree
swallows. Many warblers were seen around the tower, including over 20
Blackburnian warblers.
12 Monarch butterflies were observed.

Predictions:
We hope for less rain, and northerly winds to bring more raptors. We look
forward to sharp-shinned and Cooper's hawks in the coming weeks.
Report submitted by Maryse Gagne (<maryse.gagne35...>)
http://hbmo.ca/

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=100

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<8ed13425a86bcd3f12023e4f9edde959...>