Date: 9/1/19 2:11 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Bake Oven Knob (01 Sep 2019) 20 Raptors
Bake Oven Knob
2 miles North of Germansville, Pennsylvania, USA
Daily Raptor Counts: Sep 01, 2019

Black Vulture 2 2 42
Turkey Vulture 10 10 148
Osprey 2 2 26
Bald Eagle 3 3 44
Northern Harrier 0 0 0
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1 1 17
Cooper's Hawk 1 1 7
Northern Goshawk 0 0 0
Red-shouldered Hawk 0 0 0
Broad-winged Hawk 0 0 98
Red-tailed Hawk 0 0 60
Rough-legged Hawk 0 0 0
Golden Eagle 0 0 0
American Kestrel 0 0 7
Merlin 1 1 6
Peregrine Falcon 0 0 3
Unknown Accipiter 0 0 0
Unknown Buteo 0 0 0
Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 0 26

Total: 20 20 484

Observation start time: 07:45:00
Observation end time: 13:30:00
Total observation time: 5.75 hours

Official Counter: Jeff Hopkins

Observers: Kathie Romano, Rick Gaeta, Scott Keys

Visitors:
Many family groups out for the holiday weekend. Unfortunately, those
included a family of four who were about to let their little girl spray
paint graffiti on the rocks at the lookout before I stopped them. They got
very indignant when I explained that it looks awful and is actually
illegal.

Weather:
65-73 deg F with heavy cloud cover but great visibility. Winds were light
starting NE and changing to mostly E to SE in the afternoon.

Raptor Observations:
Bald eagles: 1158i, 1252a, 1313a

Non-raptor Observations:
2 Monarchs, 1 raven, a few warblers, and a pileated woodpecker that flew
back and forth in front of the lookout a couple times.

Predictions:
Mostly cloudy, a couple of showers and a thunderstorm, mainly later; humid.
Winds from the SSW at 6 mph, with gusts to 10 mph. Temps in the 70's to
low 80's.
Report submitted by Bob Hoopes (<rehoopes...>)
Bake Oven Knob information may be found at:
www.lgnc.org

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=399

Join us on Facebook!