Date: 9/1/19 9:51 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Beach & Dunes Sunday 9-1-19
Welcome To September Bird People,

In the hopes that the overnight rain put some shorebirds down Bob
Erickson & I went to Montrose this a.am. Like yesterday in Lake County
we had mostly small shorebirds in good numbers.
As we walked up to the beach Mike C told us of 2 WHITE RUMPED
SANDPIPERS that were still present. They also had several Stilt
Sandpipers earlier but they had "flown the coop" & did not return
while we were there. We did not cover the hedge area but only did the
beach & dunes.

Montrose Beach & Dunes (7:15-9 a.m.)

D.C. Cormorant (2 fly-bys)
Mallard (11, by the pier)
Cooper's Hawk (1 fly-by)
Semipalmated Plover (14)
Killdeer (2)
Sanderling (16)
Semipalmated Sandpiper (4)
WHITE RUMPED SANDPIPER (2, together)
Ring Billed (~260) & Herring (3 fly-bys) Gulls
Caspian Tern (4 fly-bys)
Mourning Dove (1)
Chimney Swift (~10)
Barn Swallow (4)
Starling (4)
House Sparrow (~10)

On the way home we stopped at Techny North but last night's rain has
flooded that spot &
no mud flats remain. Give it a few days.

Also stopped at Air Station Prairie where the only bird found was
Solitary Sandpiper (3).

Bird-Of-The-Day to the 2 White Rumped Sandpipers & Runner-Up to the
Cooper's Hawk.

Al Stokie
In Cook County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>