Date: 8/31/19 3:30 pm
From: Sandra Mc <jerseyb...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Extralimital Swall-tailed Kite
Hello JBirders:

A beautiful Swallow-tailed Kite has been seen at the Trexler Nature Preserve, Lehigh County, PA near SchNECKSville since from what I could gather on ebird, since about August 17. Not much about it on the PA Listserve.

We saw it this morning at 11:00 am circling over the parking lot off Mill Creek Road, the North Range Utility Rd. We were lucky to see the bird at that time as after that time, we walked the trail to where people have found it perched and did not see it again. This Preserve is HUGE and the walking along the trails is up and down quite a bit. Getting to the top of the trail was longer than we thought. Do your research before you go. We really lucked out finding the parking lot. In case you know the area it is also near the Lehigh Valley Zoo.

For us it was a nice day out for seeing an outstanding life bird. Lots of butterflies and unfortunately, Spotted Lantern Flies.

Good luck all.

Sandy McNicol
Kingwood Township

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>