Date: 8/31/19 11:05 am
From: Sally K. Scheer <winerat...>
Subject: RE: [birders] bat removal advice
Ai used a tennis racket to knock down bats in my old house which was infested with bats in the attic. I reached the end of my rope on them when my younger son put on his bathrobe one morning and a bat was in the sleeve!!

The tennis racket didn’t kill the bat, just knocked them down so I could scoop them up and take them outside for release. Never found a dead one so it must have been just a stun.

We finally sent them off to roost in the barn instead by finding the entrance hole near the chimney and sealing it up AFTER the bats had left for their nightly cruise for insects. Took several tries as the bats can get in very small places and we didn’t find all of them right away. They have been gone for several years now.

Sally Scheer

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABv5-TUuxDa57yKckrCMY9JoHHvXP_0knTWJD9hV0mFGAV%<2BW-w...> <https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABv5-TUuxDa57yKckrCMY9JoHHvXP_0knTWJD9hV0mFGAV%<2BW-w...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/003201d56026%249e2f4760%24da8dd620%24%40com.

Join us on Facebook!