Date: 8/31/19 10:28 am
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Allegheny Co. - Olive-sided Flycatcher at South Park
Hello All,

A number of us traipsed across South Park from the animal pens to the airport to the buildings beyond. At the buildings beyond, we all had an Olive-sided Flycatcher that gave great views, both of it hawking for insects and of it being chased around by a pewee. That allowed everyone to get a good idea of size and coloration differences. AND it was a life bird for Matt Juskowich, AND we did the walk for his birthday, so a two-fer for him.

Over the same field, I had a Common Nighthawk (at 10:20 a.m.). I had 36 species between 8 and 11, but the others had things that I missed while lagging back.

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!