Date: 8/31/19 8:22 am
From: Beverly Wolf <Bev_Wolf...>
Subject: [birders] Solitary Sandpiper
We have a new home in Presque Isle (lower peninsula) and are there part
time. Enjoying the lovely harbor this morning, I spotted a Solitary
Sandpiper flitting over the water, up and down and to the shore and back for
about 5 minutes. It even landed about 5 feet away from me for about 15
seconds. When it continued its flight pattern, I went in to get my camera.
When I returned, it was no longer in sight, but it was my first Solitary
Sandpiper and I will keep a picture in my memory. The area, although on the
southern edge of the harbor, is also on the northern edge of a fen and not
too far from a stream and a pond - so it had lots of habitats to explore.

Bev Wolf

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/065001d5600f%24e6384140%24b2a8c3c0%<24...>

Join us on Facebook!