Date: 8/30/19 11:30 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Wood Dale Reservoir Complex Friday 8-30-19
Hello Bird People,

Today I covered the Wood Dale Reservoir Complex with Luis M. Did the
reservoir itself, the creek, the middle pond & the western wetlands
which once again have mud flats. Altogether we had only 6 species of
shorebirds.

Reservoir

D.C. Cormorant (2)
Great Blue Heron (4) & Great Egret (3)
Canada Goose (~200 early but all soon left)
Mallard (9) & Blue Winged Teal (4)
Cooper's Hawk (1 fly-by)
Kestrel (2)
Killdeer (14), Semipalmated (1) & Least (3) Sandpipers
Ring Billed 15) & Herring (1-AD fly-by) Gulls
Caspian Tern (4)
Chimney Swift (1)
Barn Swallow (10)

Creek & Middle Pond

D.C. Cormorant (2), Great Blue Heron (1) & Great Egret (1)
Wood Duck (2, in creek)
OSPREY (1, circling overhead)

Western (Itasca) Wetlands

Great Blue Heron (1) & Great Egret (2)
Canada Goose (3 fly-bys) & Mallard (40)
Killdeer (12)
Solitary (2), Spotted (4) & Least (1) Sandpipers
WILSON'S SNIPE (3)
Barn Swallow (~12)

I saw 20 species of land birds & Luis had a few more as he works
harder at that than I do.
Highlights were Eastern Kingbird (1), B.G. Gnatcatcher (3), Cedar Waxwing (4),
Redstart (1) & Baltimore Oriole (2 seen & 1 heard).

Bird-Of-The-Day to the soaring Osprey & Runner-Up to the 3 Snipe.

Al Stokie
In Dupage County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: